Sunday, March 19, 2017

Farewell...


Farewell…


“Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not here.  I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints of snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn’s rain.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there.

I did not die.”

                                                …Unknown Native American…

Our dinosaur is  now with our Lord and all his loved ones that have left this earth before him.  This includes all the beautiful creatures that were such a large part of his life.  Some champions, some not, but loved and cared for as if they were. 

Although his writings will cease, the memory and the wisdom they contained will last forever.  Honor him by rereading some of his articles.

I do not have the writing talent or credentials that he had but needed to put this on paper for one final entry.  And I think when looking back over his life, our dinosaur would smile and quote his favorite line from his favorite story…

                                                “It’s been quite a party”
                       
Sleep well my love.   Save me a place by your side.   We were all truly blessed… by this,  the last dinosaur.

Think about it!!!

2 comments:

  1. We were all very blessed knowing George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wisdom, knowledge, common sense, and above all for your love of Collies. You were a gift for everyone.
    MorningStarre Perdue - Rosepark Collies

    ReplyDelete